Ways to Avoid a Screen Crack and Things to Do after a Crack
Did you just drop your Samsung Galaxy Edge? Was it while you were taking it out of your pocket, maybe it just slipped out of your hands? Well,here are few things you may like to know before going for a DIY task.
The Samsung Galaxy Edge comes with Gorilla Glass 4 by Corning, which as the company says, is specifically designed to tackle everyday drops. But the probability of the screen getting a crack still remains. Here are a few things you can do to prevent a nasty crack on your prized device.
• Make sure you put on a protective case: Cases do protect smartphones immensely. They can handle the sudden shock from an accidental drop. Samsung’s accessories aim at protecting the corners and the glass back of the Galaxy Edge, leaving the screen and the curved display naked.
• Try to avoid dropping the device from over five feet: User reports suggested that the probability of the screen shattering increases if the drop is from a height of more than five feet.
• Try to avoid a front facing drop: We ran through a bit of experiment of our own and found out that the screen had more chances of breaking if the device fell flat on the ground while during corner drops the screen did survive the drops over 5 feet.
Well, if the screen does shatter here are a few things you would want to see before going for a Galaxy Edge screen replacement in Sydney.
• Samsung doesn’t supply parts for its devices unless approved as an authorised service centre: We would recommend you not to get fooled into going for ‘original’ Samsung parts. Samsung doesn’t in fact supply parts for its devices unless approved as an authorised service centre. So try looking for a screen replacement centre that installs high-quality replacements.
• Try not sending the device to the manufacturer for a screen replacement: You may think that sending the device to the manufacturer would be the best thing, for that you need to wait for a minimum of 1-2 week and replacement costs charged by them aren’t cheap. There are a number of equally skilled Galaxy Edge Screen Replacement centres with skilled technicians competent enough to replace your screen within a couple of hours.
Accidents do happen, fortunately in the tech world fixes are possible, and so do not worry and go for a replacement from any experienced Galaxy Edge Screen Replacement Centre who will do the job for a price cheaper than what manufacturers charge.